Windows XP Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I did a system recovery since one of my .dll files said it was missing. The computer then went working fine except now when I try to get access to all the files in my documents it says "Acess denied" I clicked on properties and it said the file was 0 in size except when I clicked on the document folder it said it was a few gigabites. I can put files into the documents and they are accessible and fine. Except everything there before recovering it doesn't work. I am the administrator and hav access for everything except the documents which I need to access. I have Windows XP. I used norton antivirus along with other small virus programs I have and all ran through the program and fixed things except I still can't access the files in the documents. I went in safe mode and tried accessing them, access denied. Everything works fine on the computer except for this folder. What is happening?

Welcome to Techspot.
The System recovery may not recognize you as the same user as the old Documents file. Just take ownership of the file/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back