Windows XP black screen problem

Hey guys can u help me with my windows xp

When i open my computer,, only the company of the computer shows and then the monitor turn black with a blinking (symbol like this --> _ ) in the upper left

No other things come out but only this freaking little _ ... then it shows black screen

Can u help me what i am going to do with this problem???

Please guys help me with this....

The brand of my computer is DELL

When you turn on the laptop hit the F12 key straight away and it will take you to the Dell diagnostics screen. Choose the hard drive test and let it run. This will give a Pass or Fail result. I suspect it will be Fail in which case you will need a new drive.

Post back with the results. If it passes then run the other diagnostic tests to check the memory, etc.

There are quite a few alternatives, have you followed what I suggested? If you did what are the results, if you didn't then please do so or explain why you can't.

In most casses this error is due to a faulty hard drive or the boot sector is corrupted so you need to follow my suggestions in order to diagnose the problem. If for any reason you cannot follow my suggestions then please explain why so I know what to suggest next.

I do this for my own pleasure and education but you have to help me so I can help you.:)

Back