Windows XP blue screen boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I will describe the situtation that started this. I was looking up ways to make my videos online buffer faster and I found that you can change the virtual memory, so I changed it slightly higher, not much to cause crashing. I got a blue screen a day later but no further problems until today. Now anytime I try to start up my computer it brings me to the screen that asks me which mode I want to boot up in. Of course I tried the last good configurations first but it brought me to a blue screen again and automatically restarts my computer. I then tried to boot it up into safe mode and it did the same thing. I can't get any information from the blue screen because as soon as it pops up it restarts. Next, I went into the system settings and reset them to the factory defaults, still nothing was solved. I also heard that having a wireless internet card (Linksys) can cause the crashes so I removed it and tried all these scenarios again, but once more they failed. Now I bought this PC (Compaq with Windows XP) about a month ago from my friend so I don't have a boot disk. Is there anything that I can do that doesn't require a boot disk or would I have to go out to buy another one? Like I said, I can't get into any boot up settings; none of the safe modes, not normal mode, and not last known good configurations. Thank you for your time.

tap f8 as it boots scroll down assuming you have service pack 2 installed and disable

automatic restart on system failure this will allow you to jot down any info you need on the

BSOD. It can be caused by many things you mentioned tweaking to make videos stream

faster messing with the virtual memory not such a great idea :) most BSODs are caused by

hardware changes or software installs in some cases malware. Worst case Download (UBCD)

this its free burn it and boot into it this provides many diagnostic tools to see if your Hd did

not crap out or your system is overheating. In any case post the info from your BSOD here

and I will try to help you out as best I can. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back