TechSpot

Windows XP blue screen of death

By wevie
Nov 28, 2009
  1. I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer.

I have the following error:

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0)

I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not.

I joined to post this question and started reading all the things you guys have about it and still cannot find any info on my problem. I have followed links to a few different sites like the aumha site and micosoft's site and still can't find anything on what my LT is doing exactly.

Every time I start my computer it just goes to the blue screen. Even if I try to start in safe mode or anything like that.

If this helps I did fall asleep and left it on one night so it's possible that if could have overheated? I don't know.

Thanks to any help in advance!!

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

* Do you have a friend with some system/tech knowledge? If so, take your harddrive out, slave it into his/her system and let them run a harddrive diagnostics on it as well as security scans.

* We're checking for both disk integrity as well as for infections.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.