Windows xp blue screen

By r_vvap
Dec 29, 2007
  1. sometimes i am getting windows blue screen suddently and system shuts down. when I restart my machine its saying that "The system has recovered from a serious error". I am on windows XP. here I am attching the dump file that got created. Please let me know if there is any clue.
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Have you recently made any hardware changes?

Also try disabling the onboard sound to see if that stops the crashes

If it does then

click start-> click run-> type in "dxdiag" and click enter->click the "sound" tab-> the name of your sound card should be in a sub box labeled device, next to the "name:" line-

> search online for your sound card and a driver update should easily be found
  3. r_vvap

r_vvap TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have checked it. I have latest version of the driver. I am attaching the error codes that are mentioned in log file for reference.

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F7984334 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
    BCP4 : F70B2069 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
  4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

So did you disable the onboard sound? Did that stop the crashes? Do you have a sound card also?

The other thing that comes up are you using a Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 Joystick with a game port. The joystick uses the driver that is included with Windows XP.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.