Windows XP Boot Error Blue Screen

By defmark08
Dec 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So yesterday, I did a windows chkdsk and cancelled it manually half way through. This morning I tried to log on and got constant blue screens with lists of errors, none of the boot modes will work (safe mode, last known config etc). I have a windows XP home edition disk and I'm currently looking for a way around the error with the repair tool. The only other change I can think of is installing the SP3 update, but it ran fine after this. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it, preferably without formatting, as I will need to backup various files.

It may seem a silly question, but I would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thanks!
  2. defmark08

defmark08 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

The error is 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x871CDA28,0xC0000102,0x0000000). No I haven't changed any software/drivers recently, If I try to install windows on D:\ could I access the files I need on C:\?
  3. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

Have you tried running Chkdsk /r from the recovery console? It usually fixes ntstatus code C0000102.

C0000102 STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.
  4. defmark08

defmark08 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

It doesn't seem to run chkdsk in its entirety or maybe I'm just doing it wrong :p

img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01569bz1.jpg
    img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01570wq2.jpg

screenshots
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.