Windows XP boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed WIndowsXP to my computer. My computer stopped working 2days ago so I went and bought new HDD(Wetern Degital WD10EADS-M2B) and installed windows XP. Everything seemed fine, but every time I boot up my computer the computer ask me to insert the windows system CD.
If I start up my computer this messege will come up.

Boot from CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I have to have my windows OS CD inserted to start up my computer at the moment. I don't know what I did wrong and I have no one to ask around me. I would appreciate any help on this.
Please help the computer newbie.

I changed it but my computer gave me same message. I had to change it back CD drive first in order to start the computer up.

Although it is new, there may be something wrong with the hard drive. Did Windows install on it without any problems?

Windows installed with no problems. However, i was unable to install my motherbords driver. When I put my driver CD this message will pop up.

The system can not recognize the CD. Please insert the correct CD into the CD-ROM drive.

I was thinking maybe all of this is because my motherbord is have some trouble or it is about to die.

Something seems wrong with either the optical drive or the driver that Windows is supposed to provide. Do you have another CD/DVD drive you can use, maybe temporarily? Even though the CD drive seemed to install Windows ok, I wonder if there are installation errors due to a flakey CD drive. If you can get another optical drive, see if it will recognize the motherboard driver CD. If not, then see if you can reinstall Windows and see if that clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back