Windows XP Boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, i recently built my own PC, ive got Windows XP running on a 2.8GHz P4 Processor and 256MB of RAM....

When I startup the computer it stays on the black xp home loading screen for about a minute and a half, the hard drive light on the front is lit up all the while....

Once the black screen goes, then the whole screen goes black and stays like it for 10seconds and eventually loads winows.

Does anybody have a clue about whats happening??!!

Cheers,
Dan

Nope, but I have XP Professional - build2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 (service pack 1), and I have the same problem, the only difference being that mine can take up to 2 minuits on that blank screen after the boot logo. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Mmmm, I have XP Pro and load times don't lag for me at anytime. You guys have a weird situation that is hard to solve mmmmm. Too hard to say what is wrong. Check your start-up and see if windows load alot of unneeded crap. Might need to do a freash install and not a reinstall overtop; though XP over writies to a fresh install even if you have it install already.

just recalled, the problem only started with me after the install of SP1, and the latest DirectX

i hafve SP1 and DirectX 9.1b and everything works fine. Might be the SP1 that is slowing boot time down. SP1 is suppose to have bugs like slowing a comp down to crap. If you feeling like reinstalling XP again and who like to do that anyways? it might fix the problem.

SP1 slow boot is a common problem, use the search function, or search the MSKB link in my signature. I know its been covered here, and also know I've seen MSKB articles on it.
I'm not sure it applies here, but the 10 second delay sounds like about the amount of time most people who have the problem seem to experience. The other guy with 10 minutes delay... I'm sure thats something completely different, might want to try to remember when this started and the last change you made before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back