Windows XP BSOD when playing Left 4 Dead 2

By Swampwater
Mar 15, 2010
  1. I've recently been getting BSOD during gameplay whenever the next map tries to load. The game will play and then crash at random seemingly. I used WIndbg to get this information but don't know what it means:
    I have also included some minidump files. Any more info would be great, I don't know what to do at this point.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

All five minidumps are the same 0xD1 errors and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

All five dumps cite the same driver as the cause of your crashes: viahduaa.sys. This is a VIA High Definition Audio Driver and belongs to your onboard sound.

* Go to your motherboard's website, find your exact motherboard model and download the latest updated drivers.
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

may i suggest buying a better sound card if the new drivers fail? :D
  4. Swampwater

Swampwater TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply route44. It hasn't crashed yet but sometimes it will run for a while without crashing.

What's wrong with the sound card I have? Other than the fact that I'm not entirely sure I downloaded the right sound card driver update for my computer, (ASUS P5KPL-CM) why would it not work?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.