Windows XP Freezing on Desktop after start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

This problem just started yesterday, before that everything had been fine. My copy of Windows XP freezes after loading onto the desktop. Everything freezes, I can't move the mouse or use the keyboard. Programs that might be in the middle of loading just freeze. I've tried running a virus scan but of course the PC freezes before it starts running. I once left it for over an hour and it remained frozen. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

Well the issue really seems to be that it freezes after a certain period of time, in other words I can get past the load screen with out it freezing, so now I can't even get into safe mode. I'd say the obvious problem is a virus but I have no idea how I'd go about fixing that problem.

So its the windows loading screen that it is now freezing on?

I would suggest running hardware scans, since we can't exactly get into your machine. Even in safemode

1) First start with the hard drive, as it is the quickest. We will need the brand of your hard drive so we can match the specific tool.

2) Then move onto your computer's memory, generally this test is run overnight as it needs to pass at least 7 times to rule out faulty RAM. Here are some instructions

i got an old laptop at a grage sale once with this problem.

see if you can log into safe mode or something, and just do a disk cleanup, defragment, or if worst comes to worst an OS install.

haha...oooooooooooooopssssss my bad FAIL on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back