Windows XP freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

usama321

hi,
i am a new user.my windows keeps freezing,i can move the arrow but i can not click anything,only the key board works i am having this problem from 3 days and have uninstalled many softwares which i downloaded a few days ago but the problem is still there. the windows freezes just after 5 to 10 minutes.but when i use ALD (alt control delete)it starts working for a while but it freezes again after two to three minutes. i have also ran antivirus many times but the problem is still not fixed please help i shall be very grateful

Did you try another mouse to see if the same thing happens?
There could be many reasons why it freezes, but first you should ckeck if it a hardware problem and then if it is a software problem.

i have not used any other mouse.i think there is a problem with internet explorer work offline windows keep poping itself.i have tried to delete it but when i delete it it disappears from the folder for a few minutes and then reappears.i shall try to use another mouse

Try uninstalling the mouse drivers (device manager). After you do that, reboot and windows should reload them. Tell me if it works.

Shut Down normally. Unplug the mouse, Unplug the power cord from mains, hold the power button in for 30 secs.

reconnect the mouse and power, start your system and see if that cures the porblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back