windows xp help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoejoe

hi, I have just connected to the internet, However i cannot download any software onto my pc. My pc had recovered from a worm sometime ago (or so i thought) and i had not used it for a while. I am trying to re-install windows as we speak in order to demolish the worm however, a message came up on the black screen stating..."INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768." and stopped the installation. This was after i pressed "any key" to install it! any ideas? i have windows xp on my pc (joejoejoe) at the moment. Check my profile for my specs! PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANKS...

I suspect that you did not reformat the drive when reinstalling windows as this will have left files on the drive which could compromise the new installation.
Reboot and run the windows installation wizard; when you get to the appropriate section opt to delete the partition. Windows will then create a new one for you.

reply plz...

Cool! i will try that, but how do i re-install XP if that irritating message keeps on coming up?

yeah, if you got the xp cd. the disc is suppose to automatically format the drive and install a fresh copy of xp.

er...a little help....

...i tried to re-install XP after logging-on to the main desktop and then running the cd but it will not let me do so because of the error...it just cut out after i entered the product key and came up with the error stating that i should quit installation so i did. How else should i try re-installing XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back