Windows XP home blue screen flashes then restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

firz3h

hey my computer was working all good and i turned it off and turned it back on later on and now all i get just after the windows loading screen it somewhat looks like the blue screen of death but this time it flashes real fast and then restarts although the computer does start up good in safe mode.

I have a feeling it is something to do with the bios due to the fact that when i look at the ide master and slave is now my dvd rom and burner and their is now sata 1, 2, 3, and 4. Sata 1,2 and 3 are all empty and Sata 4 is now my hard drive and i am not sure how to change this. loading optimized defaults does not work either. Also i can not load up the windows OS disk to repair it due to it saying something like cd cannot start if is corrupt or missing - cannot continue press any key to exit, i cant make it out clearly due to something else going wrong. when my computer starts up is has all this computer jargon symbols and letters everywhere. i found out that if i lift my video card up a little bit it kinda fixes it but it is still bad. (dunno whats going on there) because the video card seems perfect when windows fully loaded.

EDIT: i have also done the 8 step virus malware spyware removal thing.

First, I would turn off the automatic restarts, by going to
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery
-> Settings -> System Failure -> then uncheck the Automatic Restart box.

okay i did that and it comes up with a problem as been detected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer from damage.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLLOW THESE STEPS: CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OF SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE - DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS - RESTART YOUR COMPUTER - PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED SETUP OPTIONS - AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: ***STOP:0X000000050 (0X9AB1OB30, 0X00000000-0X8052B8F8-0X00000000)

You are on your way to getting it fixed. The automatic restart happens so quickly sometimes that you don't get to read the error messages.
The technical information line tells you a lot about where the problem is... others will help you there as I am on the road... but it is likely you have something as simple as a driver error that requires only a driver reinstall. But it could be a video graphics card failure, a memory module giving up,, cpu fan and heat issue, a bad hard drive... modem you are no longer using... In short it can be anything.

But that Technical information in the STOP, particularly in the second and fourth set of digits has the secret as to where the problem is located.

Getting to the SAFE MODE area gets you another step closer.

Keep notes. This could take awhile

Remove all memory but one module to see if the problem goes away, then do the same thing with all other memory.

If you have any luck, you might be able to run the new MemTest86 to test all memory, one module at a time... but remember to test each memory module for four hours or seven passes as you seek errors.

took memory 1 of 2 out and got different technical information here it is;

*** STOP: 0x000000050 (0x9BB66B30, 0x00000000, 0x8052B8F8, 0x00000000)

put memory 1 of 2 back in and then removed memory 2 of 2 and attempted to boot and got *** STOP 0x000000050 (0x9C196B30, 0x00000000, 0x8052B8F8, 0x00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back