TechSpot

Windows XP Home File not accessible Access denied on reinstall of OS

By bnesler
Jan 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had to reinstall XP Home after a nasty virus/malware problem which precluded me from booting up. Actually hired someone todo this as my computer was totally incapable of being booted up in any mode and I was at my wits end.

Have the computer back and on one of my drives, where I keep all of my audio files with live concerts etc I cannot open any of the files. I get a message [folder name] is not accessible. Access is denied.

I tried booting into safe mode and assigning full permission to everyone on the computer, but I still get the same message.

I know this has happened before, and one of the prior threads is where I learned how to reassign permissions, but this does not seem to have worked.

Can someone help.

Thanks.

Bob Nesler

Never mind!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found the sticky tab which answered the question and I think I am on the way.
  2. azwildbill

azwildbill TS Rookie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.