Windows XP installation Failure on Gateway FX7026

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

I recently purchased a Gateway FX7026 that camewith Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. However, I decided would try to roll it back to windows XP. Initially, I tried the system boot installation but after loading the files forinstallation, I was met with a blue screen stating that I should check any new hardware settings(Hard drives) and controllers. I formatted both hard drives (both 320 gigs) and tried the install. Same error. I'm using all SATA drives (CD included), however I have tried using IDE on both CD and HD's however I always get the same error. I even went back and installed Vista back on one of the drivesand had no trouble. I have run diagnostics and benchmarks on all the hardware and it's all good. I'm just beginning to wonder if the motherboard is XP compatible which seems kind of dumb. Any suggestions?

I'm using all SATA drives (CD included)
you mean the Vista required Sata harddrive CD ?

You need to search online for the driver for your Sata drive (the F6 part) that Xp recognizes

The last part is semi dumb !
It is possible that once Xp is loaded, you may not find all the Xp drivers for your m/b, but that's about all.

kimsland said:
you mean the Vista required Sata harddrive CD ?

You need to search online for the driver for your Sata drive (the F6 part) that Xp recognizes

The last part is semi dumb !
It is possible that once Xp is loaded, you may not find all the Xp drivers for your m/b, but that's about all.

I meant that I was using all Sata disk drives. I tried the F6 driver disk at setup but I continue to get the same errors.

HI cHaotix8,

Have you succeed with FX6026 and WinXP.
About two months ago I tried to install the WinXP on exactly the same machine without the success. The same problem. Each time when WinXP loaded and started executor I got the "blue screen". I put even completely new HD into the computer to make sure that there is nothing on the disk that can prevent WinXP installation. I call Gateway but their service is useless. They do not know anything. They just tried to tell me that I would loose the warranty if I do it. I told them that I do not care about warranty they still did not help me.

My guess this BIOS issue. Have you tried to load other BIOS for G33 Motherboard?
Currently I am running Vista 32 but I would like to switch to XP. I do not think that will any problem with the drivers. I thin one can find all of them on the web.

Have you tried to load other BIOS for G33 Motherboard
I get worried about changing the bios to another computer's bios

So this is at your own peril
So Gateway can't help? That is pretty poor, a lot of users are going back to Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back