Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD

Hi, Im new in this forum, hope you guys can help me out, I usually build my own PCs but I dont really have that much experience, specially not with HP PCs.

So, I took my own SATA HDD to my cousins home, I installed it, but since I forgot to bring my own power adapter, I unplugged my cousins secondary HDD. Anyways there was no problem, my HDD was recognized, I got the READY FOR USE message, and well I got the files I needed.

After I was done with that, I took my HDD, plugged back his own secondary HDD and the bios recognized it. Then we go into windows, it loads, no problem, but the secondary HDD is not recognized, it just wont show on windows explorer or anything.

This is an old PC, its a Pentium D, and its an HP model, media center windows XP, it has a different type of windows bar. I dunno I hate the interiors its so hard to reach everything. Does matter where I plug the sata cable? I never had this problem before with sata HDDs. I went to the Bios and saw both HDDs as recognized, they even show as functioning hardware on windows control panel/add hardware.

I´m just confused that I couldnt make it run, but to be honest I didnt have time to work on it cuz I had to leave, actually I just got home from his house, and Im going tomorrow to try to fix it. hope you guys can help, or give me any clues on what I can try to do tomorrow. bye.

The computer was turned off when you removed the power cable yeah? Or was it running?

If all you have done is remove the power cable there should be no reason for it to stop working. The fact it has, suggests to me that you've either removed it with the computer powered up, or removed something else (like maybe the data lead isn't connected correctly).

The SATA data cable will work regardless of what port its plugged into. I've regularly moved mine around for whatever reason while working on the inside of my computer and its never been an issue.

The computer was turned off when you removed the power cable yeah? Or was it running?

If all you have done is remove the power cable there should be no reason for it to stop working. The fact it has, suggests to me that you've either removed it with the computer powered up, or removed something else (like maybe the data lead isn't connected correctly).

The SATA data cable will work regardless of what port its plugged into. I've regularly moved mine around for whatever reason while working on the inside of my computer and its never been an issue.

Oh thanks for the reply, Im actually at my cousins house right now, he had already fixed the problem on his own. Answare was to just assign a letter to the secondary drive by going into MY PC and HDD admin.

Back