TechSpot

Windows XP no lan no ip assigned

By khaosmind
Jul 21, 2009
  1. Hi everyone. I have a computer with xp that does not have lan access(and no internet). I have a encore router(DHCP on) and every pc has internet. this one had but one day it stoped.

This problem is from this computer not the network.
    I have booted with a ubuntu cd and with it I have internet. So the network card works

In local area connection I do not have a IP assigned.

I have tried winsockfix but I still dont have internet.

perhaps it is a malware problem. So right now I am making the 8 steps to remove malware. But i have already scanned my pc twice and I think I am virus free.

I rather think that this is a configuration problem. So I post this here. If any mod thinks this belongs to some other forum please move it. If the title from the thread is not right I will change it. just say so.

Excuse me for my english. Any other information you need just tell me.
    Thanks

2. zeiglio

zeiglio TS Rookie

Run an ipconfig (Start -> Run; type cmd; [Enter];type ipconfig /all; [Enter]) Then copy paste the results here. While you're at the command line you might as well try these commands:
    • ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    • ipconfig /renew
    • ipconfig /registerdns
    There's a slight chance it will fix the problem. Hopefully, we will be able to find exactly what your problem is.

Zeiglio

3. khaosmind

khaosmind TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks but I was to impatient.... so I decided to reinstall windows... now it works and I am searching for a few drivers

thanks anyway

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.