Windows XP no lan no ip assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have a computer with xp that does not have lan access(and no internet). I have a encore router(DHCP on) and every pc has internet. this one had but one day it stoped.

This problem is from this computer not the network.
I have booted with a ubuntu cd and with it I have internet. So the network card works

In local area connection I do not have a IP assigned.

I have tried winsockfix but I still dont have internet.

perhaps it is a malware problem. So right now I am making the 8 steps to remove malware. But i have already scanned my pc twice and I think I am virus free.

I rather think that this is a configuration problem. So I post this here. If any mod thinks this belongs to some other forum please move it. If the title from the thread is not right I will change it. just say so.

Excuse me for my english. Any other information you need just tell me.
Thanks

Run an ipconfig (Start -> Run; type cmd; [Enter];type ipconfig /all; [Enter]) Then copy paste the results here. While you're at the command line you might as well try these commands:
  • ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • ipconfig /renew
  • ipconfig /registerdns
There's a slight chance it will fix the problem. Hopefully, we will be able to find exactly what your problem is.

Zeiglio

thanks but I was to impatient.... so I decided to reinstall windows... now it works and I am searching for a few drivers

thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back