TechSpot

Windows XP not loading - mouse arrow onscreen

By jjcs87
Jul 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

This question has been asked here before, perhaps a tad bit different but all the solutions mentioned have not worked.

First, this computer has a copy of windows xp home. Its one of the older hp pav zt1135, 256 mb ram and I believe approx a 1.7 ghz cpu. This is my uncles laptop so I do not recall all right off hand.

He tried to turn it on the other day and all he is getting is a black screen once the windows logo has passed and all and an arrow for the mouse which is moveable.

Waited quite a while and nothing. No activity at all cept what we do with the mouse. Cannot open task manager from ctrl - alt -del.

Was working perfectly fine the other day and he said that all he did was turn it off. I have tried to insert the windows os cd to repair or do a clean format if needed but get a blue screen stop 0x0000007b error which is coming up at inaccessible boot device. I am sure that the disk can be accessed seeing the windows logo comes up, loads, and tries to run. So, I was thinking that the explorer.exe might be corrupted or another executable os file but I cannot access the install disk to do anything with the installation.

Any help would be appreciated.

- John

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.