Windows XP Password Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was attempting to remove some spyware dealing with the nnnmn..dll file. when I rebooted to go into safe mode, I was prompted for the admin or user password. The problem is that I didn't have a password set and it will not accept a blank password. Is there a way to go into windows regular or safe mode bypassing the password or another method? I attempted to logon using the last known good config but that didn't work either.
thanks

It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password
I think he said he already has a blank password, but the field will not accept a blank.

It might be easiest just to set a password.

re

Windows has a built in feature that creates a floppy diskette that helps you reset your password in case you don't remember it. This feature is accessible from Control Panel in the User Accounts applet. To create a password reset disk,click on the user account and click "prevent a forgotten password". You will need one blank formatted floppy disk to complete the task. Keep the floppy disk in a safe place for use in case of a forgotten password.

Most computers running Windows XP do not have a password set for the hidden administrator account that is accessible only in safe mode. You can access safe mode by pressing the F8 key just after the first screen(sometimes know as the BIOS screen). Windows gives a list of options after the F8 key is pressed. Choose the "Safe Mode" option and press Enter. Log on the account called "administrator" and open control panel. Navigate to the user account applet and click on the user account with the forgotten password. Click "remove password" and the account will be password free. This only works when there is no password set on the hidden administrator account. This method works only in Windows XP. The hidden administrator account is not accessible via safe mode in Windows Vista.

Third party tools have been developed that help you reset your Windows password. My personal favorite is "Windows password REcovery Tool 2.0". The software gives you the option to remove the password from any user account. Moreover, the software works for almost every version of Windows out there both 32-bit and 64-bit. It has both DOS and Windows versions. I prefer the Windows version since it uses a simple graphical interface and it is a lot easier to use than the DOS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back