Windows XP power option properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I have just got rid of a bad virus named (antivirus xp2008) real bad now
i can not set turn off monitor for any setting but 5min.
the numbers are there ie;10min-15min-etc. But will not work.
Can anyone tell me how to get into taht system and how to correct it.
Thanks--Don

Don,. click on the Delete button at the top, under Power Schemes. Then make the new settings> Save as> Apply> OK.

Note: depending on the settings, you may get a message that the combination is not compatible. That is normal and you may have to make changes until you get an acceptable combination.

power schemes

Thanks Bobbye; I did that before and lost the option (desktop home office) and can't put that back.
where it says monitor turn off in 5min-10min-15 min--I can get -5min to work if i select 10 or 15 it will never shut down the monitor.
ie; I have it in allways on--Don

Don, if you don't have 'Desk/HomeOffice', click on the arrow point to the right of the Power Schemes setting box and tell me what settings you do have- if any. All brands don't have the same names for settings, tell me your make and model and whether you have a desktop or laptop. I got fooled on this once and finally found out a particular brand has it's own names for Power Schemes.

Also, do you have the ability to set to go into Standby?

Hi Bobbye and CCT ; the computer is desk top and custom made with a MSI G33M motherboard as per-sfc/scannow it can't find anything like that in run.
I believe the system is in windows but with out some guildence I hesitate to go there.
Thanks so much--Don

Try the Error Checking instead:

My Computer> Right click on Local Drive- usually c> Properties> Tools tab> Error Check> check both boxes on screen that comes up> OK> Close nag message that comes up and reboot.

Error Checking will begin in 9 seconds. Let it run to completion- the system will reboot when through. Post back with status report. If you don't do the Error Checking regularly, it will take a while to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back