Windows XP Pro 64-bit 'net connection woes

By Buffmaster
Mar 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, currently running two hard drives, one that's running on XP home and a new one that I just loaded XP Pro 64-bit on. After going thru some small headaches in regards to moving stuff around and copying files and whatnot I tried to get onto the 'net to download new this-&-that but couldn't do it. Logged back over to XP Home and dl'd the newest 64-bit drivers for my mobo, SP2 and a few other things. Logged back over to the 64-bit OS, installed SP2, installed mobo drivers yet still no internet detected. It's an onboard LAN on my MSI K9N4-SLi mobo and works fine with the 32-bit OS, but the 64-bit's not even detecting it. What am I missing here? I shouldn't have to flash BIOS, nor do I think there's any setting within BIOS what enables/disables the LAN depending on 64-bit/32-bit. I is getting frustrated here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.