Windows XP Pro Logoff Very Very Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've browsed the archives and still can't fix the problem. I've downloaded HJT but don't know what I'm looking at. Could someone please help with this?

I've attached HJT log. Thank you for your reply and assistance.
Now I have more problems...When restarting windows my hard drive is disabled in the boot priority in the BIOS. Sometimes it's disabled, sometimes another drive is substituted in it's place. One of my optical drives doesn't even show up anymore.
Also I tried to use Housecall on TrendMicro's site. With Firefox it gets stuck on "preparing to scan". With IE I get an error in download message when using their kernel. When I try JAVA it does the same as Firefox. I tried to download and install the trial version of PCCillin. When it starts to install, an error message comes up that installation cannot proceed with MS Outlook running. Outlook isn't running. I use Thunderbird.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.7 KB · Views: 6
Your system is infected with a worm and a very nasty trojan.

I have therefore moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of endeavorniche only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard, I have followed all your recommendations and have attached log files. Please let me know if I've done something wrong. Also, the Trend Micro scanner still would not work so I skipped that.
Thanks,
Steve

Some Logs are in the following post.

Additional log files attached.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3C7195F6-D788-4D50-BA72-2EE212EDAC78} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3F3714A1-89A4-46be-8AF3-D0C9D1FB03F9} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2C0A5F28-48D8-408B-9172-9C6121025BCE} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {3F3714A9-89A4-46be-8AF3-D0C9D1FB03F9} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Other than the above, your system is clean. See my PM.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of endeavorniche only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back