Windows XP Pro not installing on my PC

Hi I am new to this forum so I am having a very big trouble installing xp on my pc I am trying this for atleast a month but nothing helped me so I came here. so the problem started when one day I just did an update of xp home edition to xp Professional [that time my computer was running fine with xp and I didnt have any problem installing xp]
then when the update was completed I restarted my computer then I experienced a very slow speed
so I thought that this can be due to the update so I tried installing the fresh copy of xp Professional from my bootable xp usb pendrive then the problem comes up when at the setup is copying installation files everytime an error comes up like xxx.xxx file cannot be copied so I have some options like retry exit setup and skip so I tried to skip the file but this error comes up for EVERY FILE, I tried installing it like 100 times but I failed I tried every possible fix but nothing worked someone sad that this can be due to corrupt memory but I have also done a ram check which comes out to be with 0 errors then I thot that lets try to install windows 7 then guess what it installed PERFECTLY so basically this error only comes up at installing xp SO GUYS PLZ HELP ME =( how do I install xp on my pc what m I doing wrong :(

and I also tried installing it from 2 different cds but nothing same error :| and I have installed xp like 5-6 times on the same computer from a usb bootable xp and that time it was installing it perfectly

and I cannot use windows 7 because there is no gfx driver for windows 7 for my computer and there is only for xp

and sorry for my bad enlish :(

My pc specs are

intel 82845g proccesor
gigabyte motherboard
768mb ram [512+256]

XP Home is adequate for most users but perhaps you are running a business or need to work with lots of different languages. Everything worked alright previously so do you really need the Pro version and is yours a genuine copy of the OS?

XP Home is adequate for most users but perhaps you are running a business or need to work with lots of different languages. Everything worked alright previously so do you really need the Pro version and is yours a genuine copy of the OS?

nah ur not getting it :x after I updated then my computer was running too slow so I tried formatting that partition and installing a fresh copy of xp pro and home so I m not able to install any version of xp
niethr pro nor home edition :(

And thanx for the fast reply :)

I can't help but XP will soon be history anyway. I'd replace the graphics card and go with Windows 7 which you say installs perfectly. That can be done for a low cost. Or if there's a Vista driver available for your existing graphics card you are sorted for free. Vista drivers often work when there are no Windows 7 ones available.

Back