Windows XP Pro saying password incorrect (it isn't..)

Legoflamb

Ok so I've passworded all the public computers at work with the useer accounts feature in xp.

Every computer has the same password and 2 of them are unusable.

I know I'm not entering the wrong password because they all have the same one and I did it myself. about an hour ago.

Why is it doing this and how do I get it to stop? I am literally not doing anything wrong.

Only two possibilities I can think of is that you typed it in wrong initially or you're typing it in wrong now. I suppose the password file could be corrupted somehow but I've never seen that happen.

Get a password reset CD and clear the password.

I would question the keyboard at those two computers, may be sticky or defective. Also, did you use any numbers in the password? The num lock key may not have been turned on,I always use the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

There's also the possibility that someone changed the password. All it takes is alt-ctl-del and hitting the change password button unless that function has been restricted.

May want to see if you had the caps lock key on when you set the password as well. Try and type in the new password using the opposite capitalization that you think it should be.

Back