windows xp pro wont load after fresh install (rebuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this dosnt help im adding to the flood of please helps lol but im beside my self i have tried to read through the gazzilion posts and find some sort of answer about my problem but i have to ask it now,

i just finished compiling my new pc

it is a :

amd am2 4600+
1gb ddr533
7900gs card
asus sli mb
and a coolmaster case/psu
320gb seagate sata drive

i install windows XP from my CD it all runs smooth my 320gb sata drive is running on the IDE config it copies the files needed and goes to reboot this is were the problem occurs, it boots to the point of the "windows xp proffesional" with the blue bars to indicate loading and it just sits there spinning endlessly and once every 40-50 seconds it will pause as if its about to boot into windows but then the bar will continue to run is course and speed, as im righting this post the pc has been left on about 2ft from me and has been trying to boot windows for 1 hour. pausing every now and again as if its going to boot but never leaving the inital XP screen

any suggestions the XP is base XP now sp installed yet not even SP1 would that be causing issuses? should i source an xp with SP2 already install in the os?

do you have a copy of windows 2k? i had this problem on my sisters amd system, i installed 2k then installed xp over it and it worked fine.

yup let me know if it works!

yet i dont know if ME will work the same way because you would have to format to NTFS after the ME installation, therefore you format the hdd so that puts you back in the same position you were in before. but it doesnt hurt to try!

FYI Thank you for your sujestion
I first tried installing with an SP2 build of XP and it worked it would appear that SP0 dosnt support my ram or some crap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back