Windows xp professional can't boot after changing boot sectors

By Maurokokkinos
Jan 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, i have windows xp professional and yesterday i realized that i cant login to windows..I was trying to accelerate my startup speed by doing some changes..When i restart my pc i pressed f10 ( i think ) that was the boot menu and i made some changes-mistakes..I login to windows and the window with system.ini boot.ini tabs appearedd and an error.i didnt take it seriously...All were ok until i turned off my pc...I slept and the next day i turned on the pc and it the screen tell an accident has occured select normal start bla bla bla...i choose normal start and a blue screen with some japanese and numbers appeared for 1 second and then pc automatically restarted.i chose then safe start i chose them all and the result is the same.My pc has no virus 100% no malware no errors. Its 99% my mistake. Any advice :( ?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.