Hello, My machine started acting up about a month ago, and I couldn't tie the behavior to anything specific. I have been using AVG Free 8.0 version for virus protection; I haven't done regular system scans as I should have, but will occasionally do one when the operating system acts funny. My machine has randomly started shutting down, and a few times I have seen a message about a problem with .NET just before it happens. So I used DotNetChecker & Cleaner, and sure enough, my .NET 1.0, 1.1, & 3.0 & up were not checking out correctly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.0 & 1.1, but when I went to reinstall the 3.0 I began running into problems. I did a Google search on the error messages I received, and got an exact match in a thread on your Virus & Malware removal forums. I suspected malware initially (a month ago), but nothing out of the ordinary showed up in my AVG scan, so I dropped it. But I decided to do the 8-step preliminary removal instructions as instructed on your site, and will be posting my information here. Thanks for your help! I will post the results from each step as a separate thread as I go.