TechSpot

Windows XP repair issues

By Hodsocks
Nov 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have a pc with Windows Xp pro on it and its not booting into windows, the perennial reboot situation. I decided to repair windows but because its a SATA drive on an Asrock P4V88 motherboard it detects no hard drive.
    I copied the RAID drivers on a floppy disc, rebooted, hit F6 but keep getting the message "File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (1024) at line 1747 in d:/xpsprtm/base/boot/setup/oemdisk". Sometimes its line 1742.
    I have downloaded the drivers off the Asrock website and also copied off the motherboard cd but neither work.
    The manual says to produce a SATA driver disc you need to boot with the Mobo cd in the drive and follow instructions to produce a driver disc, I tried this also but keep getting the message, Sector not found. Cannot redirect input from file''.
    I have tried other floppy disc and floppy drives, I have swapped the cd drive for a new DVD writer but nothing seems to help.
    I have ran diagnostic checks on memory and hard drive and both seem to be good.
    I have tried exerything I can think of but seem to be going round in circles.
    I have been into the BIOS and the only settings for SATA are "RAID" or "Disable". there is only one hard drive but I have to choose RAID as otherwise it doesn't find the drive in the BIOS.
    I am hoping one of you guys have some words of wisdom to help me out here.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

Did you try a new SATA cable?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.