Windows XP restarts automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have the below said configuration system,

Hewlett-Packard
HP d220 MT

with OS - XP-SP2

The problem is every time when I log in to the system... it boots slowly and after starting it gives an error report to send to Microsoft, The error report is as follows,

Error signature:
BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 89600DA0 BCP3 : 89600F14
BCP4 : 805FA1F0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

when I view for technical details it gives two file names as follows,

C:\DOCUME~1\RAMANA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc872.dir00\Mini072809-12.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\RAMANA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc872.dir00\sysdata.xml

after two or three minutes it gets restarted automatically.
I have attached the dump file for reference...

when I log in through 'Safe Mode' it works fine........

Need immediate help.......
Thanks in advance,
Ramanan R

Attachments

• Mini072809-12.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
Your error is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

The driver cited as your cause is csrss.exe which is a Windows OS driver. Usually OS drivers are too genelat to be of much help.This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem; Win32.sys is the kernel-mode portion. Csrss stands for Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem, and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and implementing some portions of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment. It also has been defined as dealing with hardware graphics acceleration.

A few ideas:

1. This driver has been noted many times through research to be "hijacked" so to speak and disguised as malware. I strongly suggest you scan for infections.

2. Try updating your graphics drivers through HP's website.

* Do #1 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back