TechSpot

Windows XP SP2 BSOD problem

By Mistiqe
Apr 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

i'm reading your forums since a long time and seems like you always have a solution to any kind of problems. This time i'm having a problem myself so i decided to post here. Lately my computer is rebooting with following STOP error:

0x1000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I have read about it and seems like it's a problem with RAM. I can't run memtest at the moment so i would like to know if there is any other component i could test.
    I also attach minidump file from that error.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

Minidump 041108-01:

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
    Probably caused by : ALCXWDM.SYS ( ALCXWDM+a3c20 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alcxwdm.sys belongs to your sound card. Reinstall the drivers with the latest version.
  3. Mistiqe

Mistiqe TS Rookie Topic Starter

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks for that. Couple of days ago i noticed i have old sound card drivers so i updated them to the latest version. Now it's 5.10.0.6280. I actually updated those drivers because of mentioned problem. When i encounter any problems, drivers update is the first thing i do. What do you suggest?

---EDIT---

It really is a problem with this file. I found it, changed the name to Alcxwdm.sys_old and rebooted the pc. Tried to reproduce the problem but it didn't occur. Everything is working fine now. I don't have sound of course but at least now i know what's causing the problem. I'm using Realtek ver. A4.04 drivers at the moment. I will remove them and install ver. A3.98 just to check if that fix my problem.

By the way, it's Realtek ALC850 @ ULi/ALi M5455 AC'97 Audio Controller

---EDIT2---

Ok, old drivers seem to work for me. Problem fixed. Thanks for help. Topic can be locked now.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

You're welcome, and good news :).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.