Windows XP SP2 BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

i'm reading your forums since a long time and seems like you always have a solution to any kind of problems. This time i'm having a problem myself so i decided to post here. Lately my computer is rebooting with following STOP error:

0x1000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I have read about it and seems like it's a problem with RAM. I can't run memtest at the moment so i would like to know if there is any other component i could test.
I also attach minidump file from that error.

Thanks in advance.

Minidump 041108-01:

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ALCXWDM.SYS ( ALCXWDM+a3c20 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alcxwdm.sys belongs to your sound card. Reinstall the drivers with the latest version.

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks for that. Couple of days ago i noticed i have old sound card drivers so i updated them to the latest version. Now it's 5.10.0.6280. I actually updated those drivers because of mentioned problem. When i encounter any problems, drivers update is the first thing i do. What do you suggest?

---EDIT---

It really is a problem with this file. I found it, changed the name to Alcxwdm.sys_old and rebooted the pc. Tried to reproduce the problem but it didn't occur. Everything is working fine now. I don't have sound of course but at least now i know what's causing the problem. I'm using Realtek ver. A4.04 drivers at the moment. I will remove them and install ver. A3.98 just to check if that fix my problem.

By the way, it's Realtek ALC850 @ ULi/ALi M5455 AC'97 Audio Controller

---EDIT2---

Ok, old drivers seem to work for me. Problem fixed. Thanks for help. Topic can be locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back