Windows XP SP2 lsass.exe issue

I was given an old Everex Impact gc2500 PC with Windows XP Home Edition on it by a friend who wanted me to run an antivirus on it for them, as they stated it was running slow. Upon booting the PC, I wasn't even allowed to the desktop and was met with a lsass.exe error and the PC rebooted by itself, never giving me the option to click the "OK" that followed the error message. It happened quickly too, so I wasn't able to read the entire message. The PC continued to cycle like this until I finally shut it off for good. After doing some google searches, I read that I should create a OTLPE disc and boot it up with it in the drive. I did this, and am currently running the scan. Is there any one who would be willing to go over the results, as I have no clue what most of it means? Thank you in advance for any help.

"Is there any one who would be willing to go over the results"... What results? Is there no chance of formatting the hard drive and installing Windows fresh?

The owner does not have any recovery/installation disc, otherwise that's what I would have done, rather than messing with it.

The log from OTLPE's scan. Most discussions involving it have stated to post the results of the scan as a .txt file in a reply. I wasn't sure if this was the place I needed to do that.

Here is the logfile from OTLPE's scan

Attachments

• OTL.txt
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
Back