Windows XP SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

Does anyone know if Microsoft will be releasing XP SP3 in the future? As I would rather have xp with sp3 than vista (at the moment).

thanks,

I very much doubt it, they want us to all buy their new product so a 3rd sevice pack for xp would be a little counter productive i would think.

This is just an opinion tho, don't take it as gospel.

they're going to release vista's service pack before they introduce XP sp3. and service pack 3 is supposed to be released sometime in the first half of 2008. very vague, i know. but they're not releasing very much more than that at the moment, unless i missed something.

and frankly, i'm somewhat nervous about what that service pack will have in it. they're probably going to be putting some vista themed stuff into it to get us to switch over, and more than likely, they'll include other things like DRM related stuff, and the other various bullcrap associated.

i'm not sure if i even WANT the service pack. because quite frankly, sp2 is working quite well thank you very much... i don't need microsoft fudging it up for me.

The thing I'd like to see most in SP3 is DVD burning from in explorer, and perhaps some naitive way to burn iso files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back