Windows XP starting issues

Hi guys new to the forums with a small problem so I'll explain in basics.

I thought my compute had a virus so I ran a scan using malware bytes anti malware free version, turns out I had 30+ but no big deal I got rid of them and restarted the computer but now my computer won't get past the windows xp loading screen, it just restarts and the noise from my tower was extremely loud so I tried to boot it in safe mode same problem very loud and restarts at windows xp loading screen, i don't want to reboot because I have precious data on my computer but if it comes to it I'll have to and explain to the boss what happened.

Thanks guys.

What do you mean by "windows xp loading screen"? Do you get to the "Welcome screen" with your user name, like a blank screen with your mouse cursor?

In "Safe Mode" how far does it go?

Be very specific.

Most cases like this are fixed rather easily. Worse case, you can do a "Repair Install"

Let us know.

Yes if it does not work simply do a repair install from the widows xp disc and you wont lose nothing.

What do you mean by "windows xp loading screen"? Do you get to the "Welcome screen" with your user name, like a blank screen with your mouse cursor?

Be very specific.

Most cases like this are fixed rather easily. Worse case, you can do a "Repair Install"

Let us know.

The screen with the windows xp logo and the scrolling blue loading screen, it gets to the same point with safe mode.

Be very specific.

Let us know.

The screen with the windows xp logo and the scrolling blue loading bar, it gets to the same point with safe mode.

Back