Windows XP stop errors?

Hi guys, ive recently bought a new computer and Im having trouble with these blue screens of death.

Im running XP atm, 320gb, 4gb DDR2 RAM and 2.8Ghz dual core athlon processor.

Ive attached the last 4 minidumps for your analysis.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Mini092810-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini092510-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini092410-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini092210-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
The drivers navex15.sys and symevent.sys were cited as the cause of your system crashes. These belong to your Symantec security software and we see these a lot here. Try the following:

1. Uninstall, reinstall and then update.

2. Update the current installation.

* keep us informed.

Thanks for the help Route44.

I'm gonna completely unistall my Norton Security because it's caused nothing but problems since installing it, I shall let you know if the system becomes more stable after doing so :)

Thanks for the help Route44.

I'm gonna completely unistall my Norton Security because it's caused nothing but problems since installing it, I shall let you know if the system becomes more stable after doing so :)

Yes, please keep us updated. Remember to go to Norton's website and find their Removal Tool for your exact version otherwise even with a normal uninstall you'll have drivers left over. Norton is notorious fror this.

Well, its been a week now since uninstalling Norton and for about 5 days the system seemed stable. No stop errors to be seen.

But the past couple of days Ive had 2 blue screens. Ill upload the minidumps for you to look at, again any help or suggestions would be great. I've tried the tips in the sticky threads at the top FYI, the only test Ive yet to run is Memtest.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini100710-01.dmp
  • Mini100910-01.dmp
Back