Windows XP unable to start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogmorph2

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone here could help me, this is really my last shot. I'm running windows xp service pack 2 with a desktop from 2003. Or rather i WAS. See the issue is it just doesn't start up. Every time i try and start it i get the black and white screen with the message "We are sorry for the inconvenience windows did not start up successfully" And it gives me the choice of starting in safe mode, normally, or last known good configuration. If i try normally it starts to load but then restarts and i'm back at the same screen, exact same thing for last known good config. With safe mode it spams my screen with a bunch of messages about drivers then stops for a moment then brings me back to that screen. I've had this happen before and i would borrow my uncles windows cd and reinstall windows XP, but every 3 months or so it happens again and i have to reinstall it, the problem with it today is i don't have access to the cd anymore so i honestly don't know what to do. :( can anyone please please help me if they have any information of what I can do?

Sounds like a bad hard drive, or possibly bad memory module as well.
You will need a Windows install CD and a product ID to fix it, or to repair it... but likely a new hard drive as well.
What is the brand and model of the hard drive... and the date code?

u get "the brand and model of the hard drive... and the date code off of the hard drive", look on the top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back