Windows XP, Weird Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofisis

Every time i leave my computer on over night and wake up in the morning, as I try to open a program, the sand time object pops up, and no programs will open unless i restart.. I even look in my task manager, and any given program that wasn't already running, that i try to open, will say it's only taking 60kb's of memory, and won't build beyond that to even try and open..

Does something happen when i leave my computer on and unattended for a long time, that causes programs not to open?... I always have to restart, then it's fine, what's going on?

you have a program or service running in the background.... find out which one it is. BTW- you posted in the wrong forum.

Tedster said:
you have a program or service running in the background.... find out which one it is. BTW- you posted in the wrong forum.

How in the world do i find out what program or service it is? And i'm new, i was confused as to where to post this, where should I have posted?

urbandragon said:
and of course do not forget to run a spyware/adaware and virus scan.

It's not an Adware problem, and i've recently done a full system scan with the latest version of Kaspersky.. Plus, I see nothing in my task manager that shouldn't be there.. Could it be a registry problem? Even tho i scan with registry mechanic all of the time..

AND WHERE WAS I SUPPOSED TO POST THIS?????///

*should have went into the OS & Software> windows OS *

one thing although it doesn't seem like it should..

one of your drivers or possibly a system process is failing when you are away.

check event viewer for any errors.

right click my computer>click manage> go to event viewer.. errors will show up red.

post most recent errors.

ok, thanx.. and they might as well erase this thread, since it's in the wrong place.. and i've checked, i see that most errors are from Application... and the most recent one is from something called Service Control Manager, Today at 10:33, saying that my Outpost firewall shut off unexpectedly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back