Windows XP will not boot up after installing Zone Alarm

By khalord
Apr 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good morning.

I recently tried to install Zone Alarm on my Windows XP computer. I am not sure which version. The computer tried to reboot and when it did, it kept showing a blue screen of death and then would loop and reboot. This is all it would do. I then tried to repair with the XP CD i have and this did not work. I could not and still can not get the computer to run in safe mode. When i try to run the computer in directory services restore mode, it will start up in safe mode but then i get a message windows xp setup cannot run in safe mode and it restarts the computer all over again and the same problem.

I cannot get it to boot a all.

Please help.

Thanks,

Khalord
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Start the computer, press and hold F8, choose restore Windows to a previous state.
  3. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Posts: 609   +6

4. Vladimiros92

Vladimiros92 Newcomer, in training

I'm not an expert but as far as i can tell ZoneAlarm has caused many problems to users.... A year ago I purchased it and after installation the computer boot took at least 10 minutes! When i realised that this was the problem I uninstalled it immediately (let alone that it could not remove the virtumonde spyware on my pc so i was forced to reformat since after a while i could not boot at all!)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.