Windows10 crashing during reset

harry66

Hi I had windows 10 crashing during reset , I dont have a copy or key and it was activated in my name and email and the motherboard is still the same .You would think Microsoft would recognize my MB.
So I loaded window 8 to 8.1 with a disk and key was loaded then it tells me my key is not legit .I went this way because I thought I can upgrade to windows 10 from there but no luck ,
question is am I #$%^&* lol . I wish I can get it back , it was working but not legit and then I loaded windows 7 pro thats not legit because maybe I use it my key on a other computers , Im not to software smarts , can I do anything ? or can Microsoft would be able to help ?
any advice , or am I stuck to buy a copy .
Thanks for looking and helping Cheers

Sounds like you have a legit, registered and activated, Windows 10 for your machine. You can download fresh installation ISO from Microsoft - I believe the key in already in the database at Microsoft. So do an install and see if it will get authorized - if not, contact Microsoft about checking your situation over.

The crashing could be something other than a failed reset. Does it POST? Is BIOS correct? Maybe you need to solve something before completing install of fresh Win10.

Hey Cycloid thanks again for helping me out .The question do it post I cant answer that at this time I would have to find it and the bios ............welll shot me im lost on that as well lol .
What happen was my fault I believe or maybe not but anyway I was doing the reset on w 10 and I unpug my monitor near the end of the download I needed the dvi adapter ti put it on a other computer then went back to plug it in the monitor or video didnt work so I turn it off and put it back on so it would read the video card yes that was very stupid it was late and I was dead tired then I reallize what I just did .Interupting a important thing like that , and they always say never power down , well my brain was lol. I will try again and thanks for your feedback and ill calll Microsft for the first time . thanks alot cheers

Back