Windows7 black screen with cursor

Things have gone from bad to worse since my laptop logged me in with a temp account, after I found that out I did a system restore thinking that would solve my proplem but no. Now I can't even log in, I've tried safe mode but still get the same results, last known good is no good, still gets the same results. Can anyone help?

Ive tried the "F" on start up and that puts me to where I have to choose from safe mode to starting normally. Needless to say its the same result. Ive also tried system repair after hitting F8 and start up repair says nothing is wrong, system restore says there are no restore points.

I've had trouble with not progressing past the black screen with cursor. Fortunately, before deciding that I needed to reinstall Windows I found it was the slider on/off switch on my net-book. It is awkward to use and can stick. Worth checking out although it's a long shot.

Cobalt thanks for that, I was finally able to get it to factory reset now just going through all updates to get it current again. Thanks again for everyones help

Back