Windowsroot>/system32>/ntoskrnl.exe file missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every one, I couldn't find the proper topic catagory to post this in so sorry for spamming this one. Feel free to move it into the proper one tho :)

Alright, so I Recently Toke apart my computer to move it into a new case and after I put it all back together I am getting Two errors.

The most Seen error that I can only somtimes get past is on the POST screen.

It says at the very bottom that the Floppy disc(s) Failed (80)

and then at the top it says PS/2 (Can't remember what it said after this somthing about a my mouse and keyboard)

Then the only way I can get past the POST screen( My keyboard and mouse won't work so I can't hit F1 or F2 to setup or continue) is by Unplugging my power source and taking the reserve battery out of the MoBo.

So after I do this and turn it back on I get

Windowsroot>/system32>/ntoskrnl.exe file missing or corrupt

Please reinstall the above file.

Well it's hard to do so since it thinks my Floppy drive has failed and I cant press any thing on my keyboard for the command Prompt.

Someone please help me out.

*Edit*

my computer is a 2006 Hp Pavilion A1630N Model. Every thing but the power supply and Graphics card is stock.

Power supply is a BFG 650watt

and the card is a BFG OC 9600

Hi

sounds like you have screwed the motherboard whilst moving it,. or you have short somewhere, remove the motherboard and check that none of the metal support posts are touching the board anywhere.

Floppy disk fail, you have the cable plugged in the wrong way either in the mobo or in the floppy drive.

NTOSKRNL>EXE missing is a messed up OS and may require a reinstall of the OS, however do a google on the term and there are several thousand pages on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back