WINE on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipknotHate

Alright so I have Suse 9.3 and i cant install WINE! can anyone help me?
im a noob at Linux pro at windows so i would need step by step instructions possibly pictures of screen shots? so if anyone can help me please post!
i mean step by step where to click and everything!

thanks

thanks but

yeah i already red that and found it still confussing =/ yeah like i said im a noob to the whole linux i used it for 2 weeks then jumped back to windows cause i couldnt play Counter Strike. hahaha thanks but yeah doesnt really help me much.

WINE is for applications. Cedega on the other hand is made for games. They are both known as "windows compatibility layers" but Cedega works with DirectX and other such software to run games under X.

another route is Parallels Workstation. it's pretty simple for a newbie to virtualization/emulation whatnot. pretty cheap as well.

Noobs in Linux should use ELX Desktop..or something along that lines (the only download able ISO on the elx webpage)...Im pretty sure Wine comes already installed and configured (not sure, i never messed around with wine on it)

It also comes with a lotttt of media stuff pre installed, so you wont have to worry about rpms...never could figure those things out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back