TechSpot

Wine Problems

By Agent Ify
Aug 5, 2005
  1. Im brand new to linux... installed it like 5 hours ago..... I downloaded and i think i installed wine now all my exe's are little wineglasses when i click on them it tells me it wants me to chose the file to open it with i looked under emulators and there is a folder for wine but there is no file in that folder that i can use

I also have the choice to browse, only problem is i dont know where linux keeps all its program files any ideas?

Thanks guys I know i must be a complete *****

Ify

2. ihameed

ihameed TS Rookie

What distribution are you using?

Program binaries in UNIXen are stored in /bin (system-critical binaries), /usr/bin (basic utilities), and /usr/local/bin (user-installed binaries).

The "open with" box should have a little text box near the titlebar. Type "wine" into this box and see if it works.

3. Agent Ify

Agent Ify TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

thanks for the help.... i got notepad to work!!!!!! im still tryin to get games and stuff to run i gotta get those plugins and stuff... how do u run a binary?

Im usin mandrake

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.