WinXP Home Edition vs. Linux Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys. This is my problem: I login to my laptop with my Full Name "Mario Rossi" and my password.
To access my private folder (called mrossi) on Office Network I have a different username and password. On my Office Network all server works with Linux.
Is possible connect my laptop (login with "Mario Rossi") and access to my private folder on office LAN with different Login and password?

When I watch Network connection and folder I can see all folders but there is not my "mrossi" folder and there is an unexisting folder "Mario Rossi" (username on my laptop)?

I hope to be clear on my problem!

Thanks

Welcome to Techspot
I have no experience with Linux networks, so one of the other guys will have to jump on this.
However XP home has networking limitations you can make note of ;
-Home cannot join a domain (windows server)
-Home must logon on to Shares and the logon is not automatic(a Batch file cando this)
-Home uses the 'Everyone" permission level by Default in a Workgroup.
Maybe something in there may help

Point #2 from Liquidlen is the key here. You will have to set up a batch file that will connect your private folder whenever you log in to your laptop.

Tnks... but can you be more explicit?? Where I have to put batch file, server-side or clinet-side? Can you show me some code about this batch?

Thanks again

Client side. The exact look of the batch file depends on what your network configuration is.

At its simplest the batch file in your Start->Programs->Startup would contain a single command: "net use \\server\share password /user:username"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back