TechSpot

WinXP Laptop Sound Problems And Modem

By generalsnake
Jul 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post and well, I got a old laptop today (WinXP-HP) and I'm not computer smart sorry,I'm 15 and barely know much about PC's.The laptop I got for some reason doesn't play any sounds except system EX: incorrect messages, ETC. I check the sound and audio hardware and I have Audio Codecs,Legacy Audio Drivers,Media Control Devices,Legacy Video Capture Devices, and Video codecs.There is no "X" or "!" next to it and they all work fine.I need assistance if u will and if I'm missing a driver or whatever do I have to buy one or download one and which one . One more thing I have another PC and I use Netzero Dial up On it.I installed Netzero on the laptop but when I try to connect it says you have no Modem or it is already in use.My PC has a modem ( I don't Know exactly what a modem is) and I checked the Laptop and it says I have none could someone tell me wat a modem is and why I cant use the Netzero on my laptop, and lastly if a modem is downloadable could someone tell me where. Thank You for your time,Christian
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.