WinXP Locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - anyone see this before, can't seem to come up with any of it.

Keep having my machine lock up, hard reboot and this is the error message:

BCCode : 44 BCP1 : 88F0D008 BCP2 : 00001BC0 BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

That mean anything?

Any ideas would be great - thanks!

Are you able to post any error messages you get in your Event Viewer(Right click My Computer go to Manage, then Event Viewer, under application and system..) Post any errors here.

Also if it is locking up, if you know when it is going to lockup (After a set amount of time, certain program/file that freezes it) Try in safemode to recreate this (To go into safemode, shutdown or restart the computer, while booting up, tap F8. Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the internet)

If this is after a recent change to the computer, try a system restore. Start>All Program>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Possibly test your RAM with Memtest if you can, and your Hard Drive, Hiren's Boot CD is a very helpful tool in all area's..

Other then that, that's a few things that come to mind, run chkdsk and SFC through Command Prompt (Go to Run, or hold the windows key and hit R) type CMD. In the black command prompt type cd \, then type chkdsk /f /r hit yes, reboot computer.

Hopefully it does the checkdisk, if that doesnt work try going back to command prompt, type cd \ then sfc /scannow you will need your windows installation CD for this to work, but more then likely this wont fix it, this is more for missing/corrupt windows files but worth a shot if nothing has worked

This is the one I can see popping up a couple of times...

Error code 00000044, parameter1 878c06d0, parameter2 00001bc0, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Not very useful, but the one error code, going into it, looks like there is a problem with the Faultrep.dll - That is the event at the time of the hardlock.

So looks like running the scannow should hopefully fix that once I grab my WinXP cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back