WinXP No entries are displayed in Help & Support Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinaya_pande

Hello everybody - Peace and Goodwill to all.

I have just installed WinXP Home OS, with S_P2. Surprisingly, the Index (left) pane is not displaying any entry at all, which is highly annoying, apart from causing severe inconvenience. Can anybody help?

vinaya_pande (Newcomer in training)

A clean install should have had that.

But you can enable it from:
start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Settings (performance)->Use Common Tasks in Folders(Tick)

Can you clarify this please:
Are you missing the Help and Support section, or are you not showing any entries on the Start screen?

The Start screen is controlled like this:
Right click anywhere on an empty area of the Taskbar> Properties> Start Menu tab> Customize tab> choose the number of entries you want, the size of the icons, choose your browser and email in the lower section and check to put on Start.

On the Advanced tab of above> check 'open submenus when I pause with my mouse'> choose the way you want each entry to display (I recommend display as a menu)> you may check 'list my most recently used programs' if you want> OK> Apply> OK.

If this does not address your problem, please clarify "index pane".

WinXP No entries are displayed in Help & Support Index

To: Kimsland TechSpot Guru & Bobbye TechSpot Booster

Thanks. Your suggestions worked marvellously. Your Good Samaritanism is highly appreciated I am sure not only by dummies like yours truly.

So between us you solved the problem? Thanks for posting back and letting us know,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back