By mewi
Apr 2, 2008
  1. STOP: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005, 0xBA4F2750, 0XBACF3430, OXBACF312C )

Hello, this error began right after I updated my WinXP Pro to SP2... I tried to figure out the problem by uninstalling... updated MOST of my drivers ( including bios ) For my new MotherBoard. Then reinstalled SP2... and recieve the same error. There is however one PCI Device that I cannot identify to be updated... The only information it gives me is "PCI Device" I have a feeling it has something to do with SLI or PCI-Express.

But I find it strange how SP2 gives me this BSOD where as SP1 did not.

Safemode/network mode work fine.

System Specifications:

MotherBoard: ASUS - m2N32-SLI DELUXE
    Video: ASUS - EN8600GTS SILENT 256MB DDR3
    RAM: 2x Corsair - DDR2 XMS2 1GB
    Processor: AMD64: Dual Core - AM2 - 5600+
    Hard Drive: Seagate - IDE - 40GB - 7200RPM

I believe it has something to do with my motherboard drivers, So anyone have any idea whats up?
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,260   +92

3. mewi

mewi TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

Actually just as you posted I read this article... and now I completely agree with it and I am 99% sure this is my problem. I used a PQI image which was created off from an intel proccessor PC. So what do we do about sysprep? Is this problem solvable without re-installation with original discs?

Unfortunately my XP discs are not present due to letting a friend borrowing them ( 3 years ago? lol ) So I cannot run a recovery console from disc... I simply used the old PQI image file from my previous system to install WinXP Pro.

Any crafty solutions/suggestions are welcome XD
  4. Matthew

I don't have any crafty solutions/suggestions that are welcome on the airwaves here ;).
  5. mewi

Well thats fine, that was just a joke lol. Any logical non invasive solutions would be welcome. Do you know if it's possible to fix my problem?
  6. Matthew

Everything "broken" always has a "fix". It's simply a matter of whether or not the "fix" is found :).

Personally, I can't really think of anything off-hand that is of use to you, sorry.

Wait until the morning when more TechSpot members are lurking about, perhaps will have something for you.
  7. mewi

Good News! It would seem I got into windows after deleting ALL registry values/folders that had "Intelppm" in it ^.^

Now to figure out what driver this PCI Device is and how to get the driver lol as well as solve a few event viewer problems hehe. I'm so happy I finally am not using a 10 year old computer! lol

Anyone good at solving Event Viewer errors?

Edit: Oh yeah personal thanks to Zen for his replies, Thanks ^.^ =3
  8. Matthew

Lol, no reason to thank me, I did nothing for you.

You're better off just posting the errors rather than ask if anyone is good at solving them :).

Check out something like Everest to identify the PCI device.

Congratulations on solving the issue yourself :).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.