Winxp Problems With Sata

By Aceninja
Oct 14, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I've just finished putting together my computer and I am using ASUS P5WD2 Premium Motherboard. I have a Seagate 250gig SATA hdd thats properly formatted using the diskutils from Seagate.com and the bios has no problem in recognizing the hdd. But when I try to install WinXP on to the new hdd it gives me an error saying, there has been a problem detected with your computer and windows setup has been shutdown..check newly assigned hdd's etc. Error codes (0x0000007B, 0xF7C8263C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000) I think Windows XP has trouble recognizing SATA hdd's. I.m not planning to use it as a RAID and my bios has no problem recognizing it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

I have two seagate sata hard drives on my computer and didnt have any trouble installing XP. I didnt use the seagate tools though I simply created the partion and formated it from the XP disk.

if you are not setting up a raid array then make sure that the sata\Pata is enabled in the bios.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.