WinXP tablet edition help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

I just received a Compaq tc1000 Tablet PC from a friend in exchange for some computer help. What I would like to do is format it, and start from scratch. I have never used a tablet pc, so I am a bit confused on exactly what I need to re-install the OS. My friend did not have any of the restore discs, and I went to the compaq site to find drivers that were available. It only has drivers listed under 'xp tablet pc' operating system, but I am wondering if I would be able to put windows XP Professional on it and somehow integrate the drivers. Or do I need to contact Compaq and request a set of recovery discs, which I somehow doubt they would have with how old this system is now.

Give Ubuntu 10.04 a shot. It comes with everything you need as far as drivers and the touchscreen will work out of the box. The only issue I have is the screen will not rotate when I fold down the LCD. It's free and http://ubuntuforums.org/ have all the info you could ever need if you have any issues. I installed Wine so I can still use some Windows software like Microsoft Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back