WinXP Unmountable_boot_volume and cannot run the recovery console

Status
Not open for further replies.

19giugno

Hi there,
on my laptop (Compaq nc6320 Windows XP SP 2), at start up, I have got a BSOD Unmountable_boot_volume (0x8A1CF8D0, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I have tried to start in all the possible ways, but everytime, even is safe mode, I have the same error.

I have tried then the Recovery Console solution, but when I press R from the WIN XP Set UP, it says that it cannot find any hard drive... even if I press ENTER to try and install again the OS, it says the same thing.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
D.

You might be able to install the bad drive in an external USB enclosure and get the data off, once you have your computer up and running again.

You could take it to a Data Recovery Service

I just repaired a laptop with the same error. No guarantees but I used Bart PE CD to boot the computer then ran Checkdisk from the menu and was able to get the computer up and running again with no issues. Worth a try!

Hi Fastco, thanks for your reply, I will give it at try later today. I am a bit concerned because the Windows XP installation disk says that there is no hard disk on the system...

Regards,
D.

BartPE didn't see it for me either until I ran Checkdisk from the BartPE disk.. Try it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back